Leek, Spinach and Bacon Frittata
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leaks, white and light green parts
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 1/2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups grated fontina cheese
- 8 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the leeks and saute for 3 minutes, until tender. Add the prosciutto and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, breaking it up with a fork. Add the spinach, tossing with tongs, then cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes, tossing once while it cooks, until the spinach is all wilted. Remove from heat and stir in the basil and lemon juice and set aside while you put together the egg mixture.
- 3. In a bowl, beat the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper together until blended. Place the spinach mixture on the bottom of the pre-cooked pie crust, leaving liquid behind. Sprinkle the fontina evenly on top. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the filling, filling to the top. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Manassero Farms http://www.manasserofarms.com/