Panna Cotta with Berries
Write a review
- 1/2 packet (1 teaspoon) unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 pints (4 cups) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 basket of blueberries
- 1 basket of raspberries
- Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin on 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to dissolve.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of the cream, the yogurt, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds. Heat the remaining 3/4 cup of cream and the 1/3 cup of sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 3. Off the heat, add the softened gelatin to the hot cream and stir to dissolve. Pour the hot cream-gelatin mixture into the cold cream-yogurt mixture and stir to combine.
- 4. Pour into 4 (6 to 8-ounce) ramekins or custard cups and refrigerate uncovered until cold. When the panna cottas are thoroughly chilled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Combine the berries; add ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp water mix and let sit refrigerated.
- 6. To serve, surround the panna cotta with strawberries. Dust lightly with freshly grated lemon zest and serve.
Manassero Farms http://www.manasserofarms.com/