Acorn Squash for Company
Write a review
- 2 acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, optional
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- ½ pound crushed pignoli cookies, almond biscotti, or vanilla wafers
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Split the squash in half through the equator and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Set the squash halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, if desired. If squash are very large, cut lengthwise into quarters.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar, and almond liqueur. With a brush or a spoon coat the cut sides of each squash half with the butter mixture and put 2 sage leaves on top of each. Sprinkle with the crushed cookies. Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with any remaining butter.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/