Balsalmic Roasted Beet Salad
Write a review
- 8 medium-size beets, tops removed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup Manassero Farms Classic Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Manassero Farms Cranberry Mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast them for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size, until a small sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender. Unwrap each beet and set aside for 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- 3. Peel the beets with a small, sharp knife over a piece of parchment paper to prevent staining your cutting board.
- 4. Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- 5. While the beets are still warm, cut each one in half and then each half into 4 to 6 wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl. As you're cutting the beets, toss them with half of the vinaigrette (warm beets absorb more vinaigrette), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Taste for seasonings.
- Place the arugula in a separate bowl and toss it with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Put the arugula on a serving platter and then arrange the beets, almonds, and goat cheese on top. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, if desired; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/