Write a review
- • Brussels Sprouts (1 pound basket)
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- • Medium yellow or red onion
- • Kosher salt
- • ¼ cup diced salt cured bacon rind or crumbled bacon (optional)
- Wash, Brussels sprouts and cut off hard stem end. Cut in half or quarters depending on the size. Drizzle a large frying pan with extra virgin olive oil. Dice onion, add to pan and cook over medium heat until clear. Add Brussels sprouts and cook in as much of a single layer as you can manage. Let mixture cook until sprouts are caramelized and browned on one side (resist the urge to stir until Brussels sprouts have had the chance to get golden on one side). Add in diced bacon rind or crumbled bacon cook for a few more minutes until Brussels sprouts are tender but not mushy. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- These are not your grandmothers Brussels Sprouts! You won’t believe how good these are!
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/