Cucumber and Tomato Sandwich with Garlic White Bean Hummus
Write a review
- 1 head garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the garlic head and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake until soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap and allow to cool.
- Drain and rinse the beans. (Reserve 1/2 cup beans for the Round 2 Salad recipe.) Put them into a food processor along with 1/4 cup olive oil. Squeeze in the roasted garlic pulp and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Process until smooth and about the consistency of mayonnaise, adding some water if it's too thick. (Reserve 2 tablespoons of the hummus for the Round 2 Salad recipe.)
- Spread the hummus on each slice of bread. Top 4 slices of bread with the cucumber and tomato slices and cover with the remaining bread. (Reserve 1/2 of the cucumber and 1/2 tomatoes for the Round 2 Salad recipe.) Cut the sandwiches in half and wrap them well with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/