Elizabeth's Heirloom Bloody Mary Mix
Because canning tomatoes requires extra care, try this refrigerator variety for your Bloody Marys. Trust us: You'll want to drink it immediately anyway.
Write a review
- 8 ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and quartered (about 6 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1. Place tomatoes in a Dutch oven, and mash with a potato masher until chunky. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until peels are wilted and most of juices have been released.
- 2. Press tomatoes through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a medium bowl, pressing with a wooden spoon to squeeze out juices; discard solids. Return tomato juice to Dutch oven, and stir in Worcestershire sauce and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Pour into 2 (1-qt.) jars; chill 2 to 4 hours. Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/