This savory, sweet potato butter with rosemary and maple syrup is perfect for your Thanksgiving table. Best part is you can make it up to 3 days in advance.
- Allow 1lb unsweetened real butter to come to room temperature (I leave mine out overnight day before I make any flavored butters).
- Cook 1/2 large sweet potato (or butternut squash) until tender but not mushy, peel and set aside.
- Wash, dry and finely chop some fresh rosemary (approximately 1 tbs).
- Combine the following ingredients, place in your favorite container, refrigerate, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Large flake sea salt (I prefer Maldons)
- 2 tablespoons (more or less, to taste) of high quality maple syrup.