Grilled Squash Tossed in Herb & Garlic Marinade
Write a review
- • 1 Cup (8 fl oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- • 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) red wine vinegar (vary to taste)
- • 6 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- • 6 bay leaves
- • 1 Tbls EACH Rosemary & Thyme
- • Salt & freshly ground pepper
- • 2 LB assorted small squash, such as pattypan, 8-ball, yellow crookneck, cut in half vertically
- • 1 LB zucchini (courgettes) cut in 1/2 or 3rd (depending on diameter) vertically
- In a nonreactive bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, and 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper to make a vinaigrette. Reserve half. Brush the cut squashes with the other half. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hours.
- Prepare the gas or charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil the rack. Can use stovetop grill pan also. Remove the squash from the marinade and pat dry to remove any excess. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side. Arrange on the platter, drizzle the additional marinade over the top and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe can also be served hot off the grill.
- Food fact: Pattypan Squash also known as scallop squash, this pale yellow, green, or white squash is about 4 inches in diameter and has attractive scalloped edges. Pattypans are similar in flavor to yellow squash and zucchini (courgettes) and can be prepared in most of the same ways. They are available at The Original Manassero Farms in the summer.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/