Grilled Summer Fruit
Write a review
- Nonstick spray
- 3 firm but ripe nectarines, halved, pitted
- 3 firm but ripe purple/black plums, halved, pitted
- 3 firm but ripe red plums, halved, pitted
- 6 metal skewers or thick wooden skewers soaked in water 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- *Other fruit substitutions can be apricots and peaches
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Thread 1 piece of each fruit on each of 6 skewers so that the cut sides line up and lay flat. Sprinkle the sugar over the cut sides of the fruit. Let stand until the sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes.
- Place the fruit skewers on the grill cut side down. Grill the fruit until it is heated through and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Transfer 1 fruit skewer to each plate and serve.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/