Honey Apple and Nectarine Tart with Whipped Mascarpone
Write a review
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 small nectarine, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface and cut into 4 even squares. Separate the squares and leave some room between them on the baking sheet. Create a border around the inside of each square by scoring about 1/2-inch around the inside the square. Prick the dough inside the small square. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- On each pastry square, overlap slices of apple and nectarine, within the border.
- Brush fruit on each tart, with melted butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake tarts until pastry is golden and apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Drizzle each tart with 1 teaspoon honey. Transfer tarts to racks; cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- While tarts are cooling, whisk mascarpone with orange liqueur. Top each cooled tart with a dollop of flavored mascarpone.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/