Manassero Farms Heirloom Tomato Salad
This recipe is strictly fly by the seat of your pants and make yourself happy! These are my suggestions:
Write a review
- Use as many really ripe heirloom tomatoes as you want (one medium tomato per person is a good guide).
- Fresh basil leaves (I like to use a mixture of as many different kinds of basil as I can find).
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Kosher salt to taste.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Traditional Balsamic vinegar
- Roughly chop your tomatoes. The uglier the tomato the better I like them! Stack fresh basil leaves and cut them “chiffonade style”. Cut mozzarella to desired size (you can’t go wrong here). Place everything in a bowl, salt & pepper to taste. Add olive oil and Balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Due to the ripeness of the tomatoes don’t cut up this salad until right before you want to serve it.
- About the only thing you can over do is the oil and Balsamic. The tomatoes are so tasty that you don’t even need the oil and Balsamic to have a really delicious salad!
- Want to be fancy? Do individual stacked salads for each guest. Simply cut the tomatoes and cheese into slices roughly the same size and stack them onto a salad plate: slice of tomato, cheese, whole basil leaf, repeat for as tall as you like. Finish the top by sprinkling with chiffonaded basil leaves, and a drizzle extra virgin olive oil and balsamic.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/