Oven Poached Salmon a la Paige with Dill, Vidalia Onion and Cucumber Relish
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 4 portions, 6 to 8 ounces each, salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- Several sprigs plus 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 radishes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the bottom of a shallow baking dish with cold butter. Arrange salmon in dish. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Add broth and a few sprigs of dill to the pan. Roast the fish 12 to 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, salt and vinegar in the bottom of a medium bowl. Add chopped onions, chopped cucumber and radishes. Sprinkle in 3 tablespoons chopped dill and toss the mixture to coat in vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Remove fish from the oven. Spoon pan juices over fish and carefully transfer to individual plates or platter. Top fish with relish and serve.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/