Quick and Easy Pickled Vegetables Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 pound green string beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound yellow wax beans, ends trimmed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 4-inch long by 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch thick sticks
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 2-inch florets
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, left whole
- 3 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 cups water
- Add all the trimmed vegetables, except the garlic, into a large, stainless steel mixing bowl or stockpot (must be made from a non-reactive metal). Combine all the rest of the ingredients in a large saucepan (non-reactive), and bring to a rolling boil over med-high heat.
- Carefully pour the boiling liquid over the vegetables, and make sure all the ingredients are submerged in the brine by using some large plates or glass platters to hold them under the liquid.
- When the vegetables have cooled completely to room temperature, wrap tightly plastic wrap (leave the plates on the container, so the vegetables remain under the pickling liquid. After refrigerating for at least 2 days, the pickled vegetables can be taken out of the liquid and served. They will keep for about 5 days submerged.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/