Roasted Butternut Squash
Write a review
- 1 Large Butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and seeded can cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 Tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Place the squash on a sheet pan, and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. HINT: Place squash directly on sheet pan (don’t cover pan with foil). You want direct contact with the squash to the pan so it will caramelize and get a little crunch on one side (like a butternut squash fry)!
- Roasting brings out the beautiful orange color of the squash, enhances the flavor and keeps a wonderful consistency and texture. Once the squash is roasted you can serve as it is. Or throw into a myriad of other dishes. I mix any leftover with whatever I happen to have in the fridge.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/