Write a review
- 3 plum tomatoes
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut tomatoes into ¼-inch slices, and place on a paper towel-lines wire rack. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly greased baking sheet. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on pastry. Stir together cheese and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle cheese mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake tart at 400 for 24 to 27 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
For a Grilled Tomato-Rosemary Tart
- Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, unfolding pastry sheet onto a lightly floured baking sheet. Preheat grill to 350 to 400 (medium-high) heat. Turn 1 side of grill off; leave other side lit. Transfer tart from baking sheet to unlit side of grill, and grill, covered with grill lid, 20 to 22 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve this savory pie as a starter for a ladies gathering, or have it as a light supper with a tossed salad.
Manassero Farms https://www.manasserofarms.com/